New York City alternative band, Scout (named after the character in To Kill A Mockingbird) will appear in The Sopranos episode #35 (to be aired on April 22nd), performing their song, State of Main. Scout is led by singer/guitarist Ashen Keilyn, and supported by Nigel Rawles on drums, Rimas Remeza on bass, (who has since been replaced by John Santana) and David Weintraub on guitar.
Scout is currently working on the follow up-to their acclaimed debut album, It Seemed Like A Good Idea At The Time which was released in early 2000. Scout’s music has been called “absolutely gorgeous and heartbreaking,” and Ashen’s alto voice, “as intoxicating as her songwriting is brilliant.”
- 1. How did Scout get chosen to be involved with The Sopranos?
- Michael Imperioli is a fan of the band (He wrote the episode we are in). Apparently they were looking for an alternative rock band for this episode. We got the music to David Chase, who liked it as well and the rest is history…
2. Has working on The Sopranos altered your life?
- First of all, it was a wonderful experience. The Sopranos cast, production staff and crew are some of the nicest people I’ve ever met, and secondly, I’m sure it’s going to help SCOUT’s career since The Sopranos is such a critically acclaimed and poplar show.
3. Tell us about your favorite Sopranos memory?
- The day we shot was incredibly fun. We had a bunch of our friends as extras in the audience, and everybody had a blast. Watching the premiere at Radio City was also great.
4. Do you portray a character, or are you just being yourself?
- Scout performs as a band called “The Miami Relatives.” The writers thought that was funny.
5. Would you ever want to become an actor?
- Not at this point in my life.
6. Can you describe how your music fits into this scene/episode?
- The band performs at the opening night of Christopher and Adriana’s new music club, (during episode #35).
7. What is in your future?
- After our Scout/Sopranos party in NYC on April 18th, maybe a talk show or two, followed by a new record and tour later this year.
How do you describe Scout’s sound?
- For your listening pleasure 🙂
How do you think other people would describe you?
- I hope they would say we’re a great band.
Do you have a fan e-mail address where people can write to you?
- Yes, you can e-mail us at Scout@ModMusicRecords.com. We would love to hear from you.
Do you have an official web site?
- Yes. You can find us at ScoutIsABand or at ModMusicRecords.
Anything else you’d like to tell Sopranoland visitors?
- Buy my record or you’ll sleep with the fishes… just kidding!